October 2015
« Sep   Nov »
19202122232425

When Tony Abbott gets to heaven

After Tony Abbott’s Margaret Thatcher memorial lecture to the Europeans on how to better abuse asylum seekers, and the gushing response he got from the thoroughly reactionary UKIP and its leader,  Nigel Farage, who called it heroic, words are beyond me. This cartoon captures it perfectly.

I don’t know who did this. I found it on Sri Samy’s facebook post. If I find out I will attribute it.

For a more erudite response and rebuttal you could read what Catholic priests Pat Power and Frank Brennan said. Basically love thy neighbour as thyself should be at the forefront of Christian thinking.  Abbott’s Pope Francis agrees.

Comments

Comment from Tom
Time October 28, 2015 at 7:55 pm

More religious bigotry from you John.

Comment from Elizabeth Sharp
Time October 28, 2015 at 9:26 pm

It is difficult to believe that anyone could say what he said! He was app;lauded by the crowd

Time October 29, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Rubbish.

Comment from Ralph Seccombe
Time October 30, 2015 at 1:49 pm

My suggestion was that, since he was born elsewhere and has been acting abroad against Australia’s welfare, we should deprive him of his passport, under his own legislation.

Time October 30, 2015 at 2:35 pm

And the smashing of the table in his farewell performance was a crime, a crime perhaps he committed.

Comment from Lorikeet
Time October 31, 2015 at 9:00 am

A more moderate perspective could be as follows.

I think we should demand that the UN does more to end wars in the Middle East so that people are not displaced from their homelands. It is my belief that the UN backs the very bankers who wish to redistribute wealth across the world, largely out of government coffers into their own. This seems to go hand in hand with redistribution of populations.

I think the main reason that racism and religionism are being deliberately ramped up is so that governments can continue to take away our individual freedoms. The Queensland Premier has offered 3000 Syrian asylum seekers a home and a job, with Australia accepting 12,000 in total. No doubt they will end up being exploited by corporate employers and possibly denied their citizenship to keep them down at heel, while Australians continue to languish on the dole.

The banks are continuing to pay dreadful interest rates to depositors despite lifting home loan interest rates, thereby increasing the government’s pension bill and making it harder for everyone to pay living costs which continue to rise despite minuscule pay increases.

I think robust immigration programs and asylum seekers being driven out of their countries of origin are mechanisms being used to destroy our standard of living, and to force more disadvantaged and unemployed Australians onto the streets.

When I was in the Brisbane CBD yesterday, I noticed women of Middle Eastern origin glaring at me on at least 3 occasions. I was not wearing any revealing clothing or doing anything other than going about my personal business.