April 2013
15161718192021

I am not surprised
I think we are being unfair to this Abbott ‘no surprises’ Government. I am not surprised. (0)

Send Barnaby to Indonesia
It is a pity that Barnaby Joyce, a man of tact, diplomacy, nuance and subtlety, isn’t going to Indonesia to fix things up. I know I am disappointed that Barnaby is missing out on this great opportunity, and I am sure the Indonesians feel the same way. [Sarcasm alert.] (0)

Put Barack Obama on trial for his terrorism

Here is what Obama said in part about the Boston bombing.

This was a heinous and cowardly act. And given what we now know about what took place, the FBI is investigating it as an act of terrorism. Any time bombs are used to target innocent civilians it is an act of terror. What we don’t yet know, however, is who carried out this attack, or why; whether it was planned and executed by a terrorist organization, foreign or domestic, or was the act of a malevolent individual. That’s what we don’t yet know. And clearly, we’re at the beginning of our investigation.

It will take time to follow every lead and determine what happened. But we will find out. We will find whoever harmed our citizens and we will bring them to justice.

He has said nothing about the April 6 attack in Afghanistan which killed 17 civilians, including 12 children. We know who is ultimately responsible – Barack Obama, the US commander in chief of terrorism.

The biggest terrorist sits in Washington and kills women and kids every day. Why isn’t Barack Obama on trial for his terrorism?

Comments

Comment from John Turner
Time April 18, 2013 at 8:25 am

Whenever there is a bomb explosion or some such event against USA citizens the media should run the video clip of the helicopter gun ship in Iraq using cannon shells against unarmed civilians carrying a camera and tripod.
In my view that clip justified Wikileak’s and Julian Assange’s efforts.

Comment from Ross
Time April 18, 2013 at 9:49 am

With the USA trying to contain China/USA and the bankers destroying our economies, this will not end well.

I wish there was reason for optimism but the public seem too dumbed down or don’t have motivation to make a stand.

They keep believing rubbish pumped out by the official media.

Time April 19, 2013 at 7:19 am

Well, hypocrisy is alive and well everywhere, including on this Blog! I would have more respect for your comments if you condemned equally the innocent victims of Sunni versus Shia bombings, and the innocent victims of US drone strikes. Why no mention of these entirely Muslim bombings? I condemn both!

Comment from Ross
Time April 19, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Kay the difference between the Shia V’s Sunni is that they are small groups in looking at the Global spectrum.However in the West,our Oligarchs cause far more suffering/ignorance/poverty on the planet with the use of the debt system of money creation .

The international bankers own us by virtue of creating from nothing the money to equal our productivity.This is why our system is sometimes in a state of boom , but mostly collapse.

Comment from Chris Warren
Time April 19, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Kay,

The hypocrisy you see is your own shadow.

Can you please quote where anyone has supported any killing of innocents?

Of course you will condemn the killings of innocents in East Timor by Indonesia, the killings of trade unionists and activists in Columbia and Philippines.

Time April 19, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Before the US invasion it appears Shia and Sunni lived in mixed districts amicably enough in Iraq.

Time April 20, 2013 at 3:52 pm

John

Before the US invasion, Saddam Hussein (a Sunni Muslim) and his Arab Socialist Ba’ath Party spread terror throughout Iraq, and ruthlessly oppressed the majority Shia population. Oppression of the Shia, along with many minorities under the Ba’ath, was only surpassed by its viciousness against Sunni Arabs or Kurds who disagreed with its regime.

It is probably true that sectarian violence between Shias and Sunnis has escalated since the US invasion, but that is because majority rule has ushered forth Shia politicians who exacted revenge for decades of oppression. At least a million Iraqis died during the past decade, and around 3 million refugees have been displaced, as a direct result of sectarian violence.

A bit of a stretch to say “Shia and Sunni lived in mixed districts amicably enough in Iraq” unless you consider a state of ruthless oppression to be living amicably.

And what is the difference in their beliefs? The Sunni believe that Muslim leaders should be elected from suitable candidates; the Shia believe Muslim leaders should descend in a familial line from the Prophet Muhammad. Reminds me of Catholic versus Protestant.

So not everything is the USA’s fault!

Comment from Chris Warren
Time April 20, 2013 at 8:34 pm

kay

So you do not condemn the USA presentation at the UN Security Council that directly led to thousands of innocent deaths.

Over 100 thousand of Iraqi deaths can be blamed on Colin Powell and other USA State-terrorists.

See: http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Time April 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Chris

I deplore the untimely deaths of all innocents – no matter where. I just don’t have this major hang-up about the USA in particular! It just reminds me of the ridiculous 1950s Communist Party propaganda sessions I attended with my parents – all about Western imperialism etc.. Humans beings everywhere want power over others – be they Sunni, Shia, Communist, the US government and even socialists!!! So don’t come on all ‘holier than thou’!

All your link highlights is the number of deaths – most these days are by sectarian violence – as I said above. US drone attacks just add to the chaos!

Comment from Chris Warren
Time April 22, 2013 at 9:03 am

kay,

Anyone falsely accusing others of hypocrisy are playing the “holier-than-thou” card – ie you.

You were asked, very simply, for evidence for your bizarre statement.

You have failed.

Labelling deaths as sectarian is Yankee propaganda camouflage. The causes of sectarian deaths are Yankee puppetry and religious totalitarianism.

You should have paid a lot more attention when you attended so-called ‘propaganda’ sessions with your parents.

Comment from Jolly
Time April 22, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Put Obama on trial? Hmmmm. What next, John?

Comment from CALLIGULA
Time April 22, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Funny how it happens.
The agent provocateur situation.
Ha, free press.

We all blurt out sentiment and tend to take little regard to where our statements lead.
In fact we end up having published views that are opposite to our own close-held beliefs just to (hopefully) gain brownie points against someone, a complete stranger, who has set us up.

Now, I wouldn’t mind betting that Kay isn’t of the female gender.
It may be that ‘she’ is – but that doesn’t matter.

Nor does it do any good to call her a ‘troll’ or ‘flamer, or whatever.
It is just that careful analysis of ‘her’ verbage reveals something not quite kosher about her pretense to be of a socialist background.

So if, according to ‘Kay’, hypocracy is alive on this blog – perhaps she should consider that a strongly held belief of another person (based on their life experience and value judgements) is the very reason that they bothered to write to this blog.

In fact, if she wants a real argument (if that is her style) maybe she should visit mine and give me the benefit of her life experience and concern about social justice.

Why do I mention this in such a way?

Simple.
There is more than enough nastiness happening here in Australia to keep us busy for many years.
But we are all too stupid even to look in our own back yard.

I’ve tried to drop the hint many times but am becoming too bloody tired to bother anymore.

It seems that no-one gives a continental – or are we all too damned ignorant to see the ‘ratchet effect’ – the click, click, click of the remorseless machine of the oligarchy that is chaining in just about every aspect of our sorry lives.

Stap me – you idiots ramble endlessly about finding gainful employment for indigenous people in mining and the like.
Can’t you work out that a majority are too smart to fall for that crap?

And on it goes.
So stop being greedy, stop believing the lies constantly floating around our ears and let us all begin living decently and in accord once again.
Let us begin to do that here at home – make it happen and happen well – then pass the word on to the rest of this sorry world

Time April 23, 2013 at 8:28 am

Chris

Here we go again! Exactly what “bizarre statement” did I make? I quite rightly ignored your challenge because I definitely didn’t say that “anyone has supported any killing of innocents”. I was merely saying that this blog constantly fails to mention deaths sectarian violence – ie its TOTAL focus is “Barack Obama, the US commander in chief of terrorism”. So it is only looking at ONE SOURCE of innocent deaths. And I discussed in full the connection between sectarian deaths and the US influence in my response to John (above).

If you can’t understand the difference, I despair! But you constantly seem to go off on unsupported interpretations of what I write. Your problem, not mine!

Time April 23, 2013 at 9:05 am

Calligula

For your info, I am a 67-year-old female retired public servant. So what are you? A pimply-faced uni student? Please do enlighten me.

Agent provocateur? How exciting! No, sadly I merely reflect the views of the Australian community in general. Especially those of my age and life experience (working 40 years, raising and educating 4 children, providing for my retirement). And I certainly write with more clarity than many on this blog – but that too reflects my education and work experience.

I assure you that my childhood included full-on exposure to Communist propaganda at regular Party meetings with my parents. John could attest to the fact that I was familiar with many of the Communist Party members at that time (I have mentioned some names before today – info only available to the Communist crowd in Armidale at that time). Remember, many uni students/young people start out as socialists but finish their lives as conservatives and capitalists. This is the norm!

And exactly how do YOU live “decently”? Are you implying I do not? How do you know your MINORITY take on the world is the correct one?

It is certainly obvious that only like-minded people are welcome on this blog. I could put my comments on some Liberal Party or right-wing blog, I guess. In fact, I’m sure you’d prefer I did. But how boring! Just talking to people who agree with you – that’s hardly challenging! Perhaps you should try your ideas on some more right wing blog? Take up the challenge! Live life to the full! Learn!

BTW I don’t believe for one second that capitalism is the perfect system! No, today we see obscene wealth being increasingly held by fewer and fewer people, and poverty increasing everywhere. But all the countries I would want to live in because they afford the best level of freedom of speech, religion, association and the press are all capitalist liberal democracies. As far as I can see, all other systems end up as oppressive totalitarian regimes. No thanks! Better to turn your efforts and talents towards influencing the current system towards greater equality. Increased taxation on the very wealthy would be a start. But then you need a government that doesn’t waste money left, right and centre. Sadly this does not include the current Gillard government.

Comment from CALLIGULA
Time April 24, 2013 at 12:17 am

God’s sakes Kay.
Are you serious.

You believe I’m a pimply wart out of some (yeck) university?
Good on you.
Keep believing that.
My name IS, in fact, CALLIGULA, double ell.

That’s because my parents were boguns and couldn’t spell well.
As for zit faced uni student – it happens that I graduated before the first outbreak.
These days I’m working (7figures per annum) in the wingnut’s office.
As I advised the use of PROPAGANDA is my job – and I’m reasonably good at it.
What’s that term – LoL. Laugh out loud.
It is soooooo easy to infiltrate a site like EnPassant and drop a few goolies to get some regulars frothing at the mouth.
Now let’s move on from there.

Before the next election we need to move on from bellyaching about what’s happening to all those poor coffee coloured buggers invading our shores one way or another.
All that has gone beyond a joke.

Bottom line is that neither Gillard nor the wingnut have a clue – nor do they give a toss, whatever the future outcome.
They simply care not a continental.
They are all utter berks from top to bottom.

So keep on bleating on forever and as you write tour missive – back off a bit half way through so that your mates, when they read your article, will not be too outraged

Oh, I see that you are now convinced that I’m a redneck – that I’d like to see the boat people sunk by our Navy out there at sea?

WRONG.But I’m sure that in your heart of hearts that’s what you’d like to have happen.

Bogans.
That’s what we have become – effing bogans.
A nation not only dictated, but SURMOUNTED by greed.

Now as it happens (and I do not care much why you asked) I am NOT very young.
If you had taken the time to hook onto my pages by clicking on to John’s link you might be advised of that.
I’d suggest that I have a fair amount of life experience.
AND a tremendous ego.

I find much in Australian society that sickens me – especially greed.
In fact I have honed it down to greed.
How can I put it – most Australians of this upcoming generation should have been exposed on the hillside shortly after birth.
Almost the entire lot are completely useless for any perceived activity in any sort of functional society.
But maybe that is because I’ve had to endure the mass migration of the functionally useless from the southern states up to an already dysfunctional Queensland.

So there you are Madam.

Comment from CALLIGULA
Time April 24, 2013 at 12:48 am

Oh John,
What I like so much about my own pages is that I get to say what I need to say without too much argument.
You seem to attract all these querulous people who want to argue so much about things like ‘how many angels fit on the head of a pin’ – or whatever.

Perhaps you should do as I do and nail it down well in the first statement.
By this I mean that the statistics demonstrate a fir number read my blog – but very few are inclined to argue the toss.
Yep, I admit that may well be as a result of me being a boring bastard – but I have the feeling that I made a mistake early on in the peace by doing an article about the ‘Dunning Kruger Complex” –
– which, for some reason tends to damp out argument from ‘bogans’ and their ilk.

Given this, I’m inclined to consider starting another blog while refraining from mentioning ‘Dunning Kruger’ or letting anyone know how dearly I hold their principle close to my heart.

Time April 24, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Oh, I see now! Your blog is so crazy and unintelligible that, in desperation and boredom, you try to lock onto John’s blog!! Having read some of your blog articles, I can see why no one ever comments – I mean, comment on what? the ravings of a lunatic?

The only thing I find a bit disturbing – we both live in the glorious and sunny (when it’s not flooding) State of Queensland!

And I can see exactly how the ‘Dunning-Kruger effect’ applies to you! You know, ‘when ignorance begets confidence’. And, of course, in tandem with this confidence is the overarching ego that prompts you to start your own blog site and imagine that others are interested in what you spew forth.

And I still don’t think you are very old! Maybe 30 – 35? Just past the pimply-faced student stage?

Write a comment