October 2014
20212223242526

I am not surprised
I think we are being unfair to this Abbott ‘no surprises’ Government. I am not surprised. (0)

Send Barnaby to Indonesia
It is a pity that Barnaby Joyce, a man of tact, diplomacy, nuance and subtlety, isn’t going to Indonesia to fix things up. I know I am disappointed that Barnaby is missing out on this great opportunity, and I am sure the Indonesians feel the same way. [Sarcasm alert.] (0)

Tony Abbott’s ‘Team Australia’ Terrorists?

Overnight there were two terrorist attacks in Sydney. But that is OK. They are ‘Team Australia’ terrorists.

Comments

Time October 4, 2014 at 8:18 am

A very long straw to call these two arson attacks “two terrorist attacks”. I hope the misguided criminals who committed these arson attacks are identified and punished by the appropriate criminal laws.

Sad that this type of anti-Muslim violence should occur. But criminal activities occur right across all sections of the community, and the law should be consistent in addressing it. There are just those who use any excuse to commit crimes, both non-Muslim and Muslim.

I find it very pleasing that up here in Brisbane/Gold Coast local mosques have been inviting non-Muslims to visit and get to know the local Muslim community. It has been very successful, with a large number of visitors turning up. Nevertheless, one brainless idiot wrote hate messages on an Islamic prayer centre – he has been charged already. I still believe the Muslim community can counter the anti-Muslim sentiment in the community by their own actions and attitudes, like here in Brisbane.

Comment from Fred
Time October 4, 2014 at 9:09 am

If its OK, then why are police investigating?

You’re becoming unhinged.

Time October 4, 2014 at 1:37 pm

If it is OK, why wasn’t ASIO all over this before it happened? Where are the 870 police to defend Muslims from the daily terror unleashed on them? But thanks for the free mental health assessment. Stalin used to use the same tactics.

Time October 4, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Like the long straw (I think you mean long bow) to call the raid of 870 cops, producing just one substantial charge, which won’t stand up in court, an anti-terrorist operation eh?

Time October 4, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Yes, I did mean ‘long bow’ – my error. But I’m prepared to accept that the mass raids were useful in gathering further information and/or eliminating some suspects from further action. After all, neither you nor I are privy to all the security information available to police. It cannot be denied that there are people in Australia who are prepared to commit themselves to a war on us ‘infidels’. There is no shortage of jihadist propagandists on the web, or even in some mosques. Failure to investigate certain suspects could be seen as abject failure by police in their duty to protect the public.

Might I remind you that non-Muslims and Muslims are subject both to criminal activities all the time. Police usually don’t act until a crime is actually committed, unless they have strong evidence of a serious planned crime. Might I suggest that planned beheadings are more serious than planned arson of a car or empty shop.

Time October 4, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Planned beheadings? You really have fallen for their lies.

Time October 5, 2014 at 2:27 am

And you can prove that these are lies?? I don’t think so!

Time October 5, 2014 at 5:26 am

I don’t have to prove they are lies. The state has to prove they are true. A phone call from an operative overseas is hardly evidence worthy of a conviction. Dr Haneef anyone?

Time October 5, 2014 at 8:31 am

Well, I guess it boils down to who is more credible – the police/security organisation or the Left. Sorry, but I’d rather not have Australia’s security and Australians’ safety in the hands of the Left – a grouping that wants the complete breakdown of our society. I hardly expect the details of the police intelligence briefs to be made public – such alerts are usually made by people within the community who would definitely not want to be identified.

Time October 5, 2014 at 9:55 am

Yes, I too have complete faith in the people who bombed the Hilton.

Time October 5, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Not that old chestnut? Every man and his dog has had a go at that one! And the CIA planned and executed September 11, I suppose?

Time October 5, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Yes, September 11 1973 in Chile.

Time October 6, 2014 at 8:54 am

No dispute that the US helped fund opposition to socialist Allende’s rule. This added to the general unrest caused by the growing deterioration of the economy. Of course the US was not happy with a socialist government in a country where it had significant capital investment. I was very distressed when this coup occurred, especially at the death of Allende, whom I considered to be a brave man who died for his beliefs. I certainly visited the presidential palace when I was in Santiago recently, and made a point of visiting his statue. A great man.

Much better obviously to have just allowed the Allende government run its course. Deteriorating economic conditions would have eventually led to its democratic overthrow – via the voters. But like all South American countries, Chile was previously ruled by a corrupt elite which was supported by the US – for business and ideological reasons. In Chile, people still talk about the many thousands of “disappeared”, and still seek the truth of what happened. I have been to Chile many times on holiday.

No argument that the US interfered with (and helped fund, even assisted militarily, the collapse of) the governments of many countries around the world – South America, Asia, the Middle East – for both economic and ideological reasons. No doubt whatsoever that the US needs to be condemned for its actions in this regard. Much like the USSR, and now Russia, should be condemned for its actions in destroying non-compliant governments, mainly in eastern Europe, but elsewhere as well – similar to the US. The Cold War was a battle between communism and capitalism, and many hundred of thousands, probably millions, of people perished because of this battle. Capitalism won in one sense, but Putin has not given up on recreating the USSR in whatever form he can achieve. He is still a unreconstructed KGB man.

Time October 10, 2014 at 8:00 am

Not a chestnut. The man critically injured certainly thinks it was ASIO.

Write a comment