January 2015
« Dec   Feb »
19202122232425

The Paris massacre and the West’s war mongering terrorist governments

This is a snippet from an article by Lindsey German of the UK Stop the War Coalition on the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

NO ONE CAN have anything but the profoundest condemnation for the attacks on the Paris offices of the satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo. It is reported that 12 people are dead, shot in a commando style attack, and that at least nine of them are journalists.

The magazine has recently published a cartoon of the Islamic state leader, and has a record of publishing anti-Islamic satire. The gunmen are assumed to be in some way connected with Islamic State (ISIS).

There can be no justification for the attack. It should be possible to satirise or to criticise ideas without this being something that can result in death or injury. There must, however, be a response to it that does not lead either to an increase in future terrorist attacks or in a rise in attacks on Muslims.

……..

The latest attack will lead to a greater backlash and greater levels of Islamophobia. But it is not Muslims who are the problem but the foreign policies that have helped create terrorism. That is what needs to change.

You can read the whole article here.

Comments

Comment from Fred
Time January 8, 2015 at 7:03 am

Clearly the work of another mentally ill, lone wolf.

Comment from Graham
Time January 8, 2015 at 7:31 am

With all due respect John, that is a load of nonsense. Islamist terrorists need to be regarded as self-actualising actors who make choices on the basis of what they want to do, not what some imaginary oppression of governments in the west “forces” them to do.

If there is an element of coercion it comes from their colleagues, not those of us who are their “enemies” only because they choose to define us as such.

My comments are not “Islamophobia”, they are fact.

Comment from Lorikeet
Time January 8, 2015 at 9:57 am

I would like to see Jews, Christians and Muslims set their differences aside, move away from the Paganism that seems to have made its way into various religious groups, and go back to just being God’s chosen people, Jews.

While the terrorist attacks are unforgivable, I think newspapers and magazines could move away from making a mockery of anything outside of a secular belief system, while pushing antisocial dogma.

Let this be taken as a lesson to everyone not to mock and deride other people’s beliefs.

Time January 8, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Do you really think if we hadn’t invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, and support the genocide against Palestinians and the repressive regimes in the Middle East, coupled with systemic racism and state sponsored alienation of young Muslims in the West that we’d be faced with these sorts of attacks? Our foreign and domestic policies are the problem, not Muslims. To imagine some sort of Islamic problem rather than Western problem is Islamophobia. But let’s see if an even greater wave of Islamophobia sweeps France and Europe. All I can think of is the 1930s when there was economic stagnation and targeting of Jews. Today in Europe there is economic stagnation and targeting of Muslims.

Time January 8, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Keep up your contributions Fred. They presumably make sense to you.

Comment from Ross
Time January 8, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Graham I agree with John. If we had not illegally attacked Afghanistan ,Iraq Libya and a host of other Muslim countries these attacks probably would not happen.

I’ll go a step further.This smells like another false flag attack to me. When these attacks happen I always ask myself who benefits ? Very rarely do Muslims benefit. 911 was another Western false flag attack and we have the scientific evidence to prove it.http://www.ae911truth.org/

Comment from David Hollis
Time January 8, 2015 at 5:11 pm

Thanks for defaming me in public John. https://twitter.com/TheGoodGodAbove/status/552969300840284160 I basically shared the same sentiment as this. If I had a lawyer I would sue you for defamation of character.

Time January 9, 2015 at 8:04 am

I didn’t defame you. You did with your comment on a Facebook post of mine. Add in that you then told me to fuck off and why are you surprised I pointed out your comment and my view of it? I urge you to sue me. I have people on the Left and Muslims who will testify against you. Even if you won (which you won’t) you lose. Instead of silly defamation games why not help build the fight against Islamophobia? A good first start would be admitting your comment on my Facebook page was inappropriate and apologise for it. Others whom you evidently contacted agree with me. So maybe a little bit of introspection about your inappropriate comment might be in order instead of racing off half cocked?

Time January 9, 2015 at 7:19 pm

It isn’t a false flag. 9/11 wasn’t a false flag…